The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator
of all health and adult social care in England.
From 2010, the CQC has required all dental practices to be
registered with them and to submit an assessment audit of the
services they provide.
All Oasis practices are registered with the CQC and, rather than
conduct its own self-assessment, Oasis appointed an independent
service company, DBG, to audit all of its practices and train staff
in every Oasis site in England to ensure we meet and surpass the
requirements of CQC.
These audits are completed annually and we have invested heavily
in training for our staff to ensure we continue to maintain and
deliver the appropriate standards of care required by the CQC. All
practices have a registered CQC manager.
Our goal is to surpass the minimum standards in each of our
practices. We have invested several million pounds in our practices
to ensure we deliver a high level of compliance and all practices
meet Essential Quality Requirements (EQR) of recent HTM 01-05
The CQC measures all dental practices on a range of criteria
- Respecting and involving people who use services
- Consent to care and treatment
- Clarity of Fees
- Care and welfare of people who use services
- Meeting nutritional needs
- Cooperating with other providers
- Safeguarding people who use services from abuse
- Cleanliness and infection control
- Management of medicines
- Safety and suitability of premises
- Safety, availability and suitability of equipment
- Requirements relating to workers
- Supporting workers
- Assessing and monitoring the quality of service provision
- Managing Complaints
- Maintain Patient Records
The company has completed the CQC audit of all practices and
registered the results with the CQC.
Oasis collects patient feedback on its service provision in all
practices, every month, to gather our patients' views on our
success in delivering these outcomes.
Oasis is committed to working with the CQC to improve standards
of care both within Oasis practices and across the dental industry
In Northern Ireland, all practices have submitted audits and the
RQIA (Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority) have inspected
all Oasis sites with extremely positive outcomes.